Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Fires continue.......

Wow! There's the Las Conchas, Pacheco, 346, Donaldson, Wallow fires and a couple more that I can't name at the moment going on in the area. The Wallow fire is about 82% contained!! Yay!! They haven't had any luck with Las Conchas and Pacheco fires, 0% containment.
Yesterday afternoon it got really smoky here in the city. The mountains disappeared! It was pretty scary looking. Later on it all cleared up. Today there was a little bit of smell of smoke in the morning but it's all gone. Los Alamos is practically a ghost town. They said about 150 people are still in the city but will be told to leave once the fire gets to town. They are doing their hardest to keep the fire from coning down the mountain. I think they said they added about 1,000 more firefighters to help. The thing about this fire is that it has reached near Cochiti and that the Dixon Apple trees are in much danger of being destroyed. Some have already burned. I'm thinking that Cochiti is between here and Santa Fe but I am wrong. I haven't been to Cochiti so I don't know exactly where it is. There's the exit from I-25 to Cochiti. I thought it was just down the road from there. I can only imagine how big this fire is, if it's that far from Los Alamos. I don't know if those in Espanola and Santa Clara Pueblo are safe. I heard something about the pueblo but didn't get the full story. I've got relatives there!
All I can say now is that we really have to pray. I was reading something I had for a few years and it was about prayer and the person told a story about how the prayers were answered. If we all do that, just think what a difference we might make. It's not just praying, it's keeping the Lord's commandments as well. As I read my scriptures it seems that that's the message I see: keep the commandments. There are other messages but that's the one that seems to be popping up!! Prayers, too.
After that said, it's sad to hear people tell me that I don't pray or read my scriptures. That's the reason for my situation I am in. They just don't know that the situation I am in has really helped me see things that they don't see. It's sad that they don't know that they are missing out. And then I upset some people because I have this wall hanging that says THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BRAIN CONTROLS THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BODY...SO BEING LEFT HANDED IS WHY I AM ALWAYS RIGHT! So there!
You all have a nice and happy day! If things aren't going as you'd like, just remember that there's someone that is in a rougher situation than you. Keep smiling and keep it positive!!!

No comments: