Sunday, June 26, 2011

Praying For Rain!

More fires came up today!! The bosque south of Belen is on fire. I don't remember how much has burned but they are trying to keep it under control. If it jumps the river those people on the east side may have to evacuate. The Pacheco fire is still going north of Santa Fe. They are trying to get a hold of it but the winds aren't helping. Earlier today a huge, huge fire, La Concha fire, started in the Jemez mountains and heading towards Los Alamos!! That's pretty scary because they say this one is really huge. Lots of winds that helped it grow. Voluntary evacuation for Los Alamos, I heard on the news. Then last night some idiot(s) were lighting firecrackers and bottle rockets near where I live. I wanted to find out exactly where it's coming from because I don't want my backyard to catch on fire. We have trees and the irrigation ditch is right there as well. That firecracker/bottle rocket could destroy a lot of homes, just like that. I think someone must have called the police or something because it stopped. Just to hear those last night, it's going to be pretty scary from now through July 4th because there are a lot of idiots living here in town.

We could really use some rain. They are saying it's the driest it's ever been since weather has been tracked in the area. Monsoon season is supposedly going on here. Weather people say that rain might come around July 4th. Hope they are right. It's really something to see what has gone on across the country. First the tornadoes that hit a lot of states and now there's the flooding near the rivers and over here we could use some of that flood waters.
I hope I spelled my words right. I usually go check it before I post but I don't feel like it today. Ha ha. I really can't stand to see people leave misspelled words.

No comments: