Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More Fires!!

There's a fire east of Tesuque Pueblo, north of Santa Fe. It started on Saturday. It's still going but heading away from homes, which is a good thing. They haven't gotten it contained yet. The Wallow Fire is about 59% contained!! That's great news. The town of Luna, New Mexico was evacuated when the fire entered into New Mexico. And the fire unexpectedly jumped the line and forced the evacuation. Today the people were told they can go back home. The fire didn't reach the town. What a relief. We haven't really had any smoke in the city for a couple of weeks. I like that because I sometimes feel like I am going to suffocate when I smell the smoke and see it all over the place. I wanted to jump in a car and head where the air was clear. The fire up by Raton is 99% or was it 90% contained. Whatever, it's almost taken care of. I believe the interstate is open thru Raton Pass. Let's see, I don't remember how the fire is down by Carlsbad Caverns. I think it's just about put out as well. Then a fire popped up in Ruidoso over the weekend. I think it's about taken care of now. They are blaming a homeless person for that one. Another fire popped up down near Deming today. I haven't heard how that's going. The city and county has closed the Bosque. You can use only the paved walkway. Now July 4th is around the corner!! Hopefully people will be careful with their fireworks and know how dangerously fire can happen and how quickly!! No rain in sight even though it's Monsoon season!!

It was 95 degrees today. Someone complained about it being too hot! I said WHAT?? FOUR MONTHS AGO YOU WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW COLD IT WAS!!! It was like in the 30's back then.


Snow in February!



No comments: