Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way Into the Store

Sometime last week I stopped at Albertson's on my way home from work. As I was walking up to the door, out came this shopping cart and first thing I spotted was a case of beer. As I walked closer I was wondering what this person was going to do. Drink it all by himself? Invite friends over? Is he going to drive after drinking? Then someone said "Hi" and I looked at the person pushing the cart and it was someone from church!!! I didn't say Hi back because in my mind a bunch of things were going through my head. Something like "what's Gary doing buying beer?" "are you sure that's beer in the cart?". A few seconds later I said "hi" but I don't think he heard me because he was at his car and I was entering the store. I started to laugh because I put the picture together and figured it was diet sodas that he had in the cart. I had to call his wife and give her a hard time. We were still on the phone when he got home. He said he's kind of embarrassed now because there were a few other people from church in the store when he was there! A few other people know of the 'incident' and I hear talk about that. You know, something like 'yeah, drinking diet soda, uh huh.' 'we know what you really drink.'

No comments: