Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 1 Has Been Grounded

Yeppers, no flying today!! The weather people have been saying that all week!! Always the week before Balloon Fiesta, the weather is just gorgeous!! Then the first day of fiesta comes around and the weather is at it's rotteness (is that such a word?)
I am sure the gas balloons will not go up and the balloon glow will be blown out. The winds are kind of there but they said it'll get worse as the day wears on. Hmmm, we'll see. I am not going there tonight. I just want to drive around and see the balloons fly around the city. I don't know about going to the balloon field. Too many people and costs too much. When you're on a limited budget, you can't do everything you want to. Oh well.
It's also Conference weekend. I have enjoyed the talks I've heard today. I wrote down someone's name as I liked his talk the best. Robert C Gay. Something I gotta share with my niece. And everyone else. I enjoy listening to the conference talks. Later on this evening will be heading out to Deseret Book for Ladies Night. I enjoy that as well. Free gift to the first 100 ladies and lots of yummy food to eat and lots of prizes to win. And check out the books and things there as well. Wishing I could have this and that.
The great niece is now 18 months old!! My how time flies. I don't know if I mentioned this before but I will tell it here. That girl is such a funny kid. She made us laugh the past few times she's been with us. My brother gave her a couple of broken cell phones. She just thinks they are the best things to have. She talks to her 'friends' or someone. Anyway, the past few times she folds up the phone and then tries to put it inside her shirt. Tries so hard and sometimes gets pretty upset that it's not working. It just falls inside the shirt and onto the floor. Hmmm, how does my mom (grandma) keep it in their shirts? she asks. I guess in due time she'll learn the secret. In the meantime she'll keep trying to figure it out or just give up and find a pocket to put it in.

No comments: