Sunday, October 14, 2012

Another win??

WOW!!! Them UNM Lobos can play football. They beat Texas State (I think that's the team) today, 35-14. That's just awesome. People will start showing up to the games (home games).
I went the the Ladies Night at Deseret Book tonight. I had a good time. They had some yummy treats, as always. I enjoyed that as well!!!  Anyway, they give out prizes all night long (well, just 2 hours). I usually win something each time I go. And I was trying to remember what I won last time (April 2012) and remembered what it was when the lady said what the next prize was. It was a CD called Women of Light. I thought, hey, I won What Would A Holy Woman Do back in April. Then the lady called out my name!!!! Yeppers, I won the CD Women of Light. That's really cool. Then she held out a book, or should I say a recipe book and said something about baking. I thought, That would be an awesome prize for my mom. Besides it's her birthday tomorrow!!!  Guess what? She won it!!! Awesomeness has been abundant tonight. Not only did we get some really good yummy treats, we went home with a couple of prizes. It was a good night to spend at the bookstore, too. I saw things I know that would make great Christmas presents and saw some DVDs that I would love to own. Then met up with people I don't see often. It was a really good night. And then as we were leaving the bookstore the fireworks started up at the Balloon Park!! The Balloon Glow went on as planned and then the fireworks ended the night. It was a great sight to see. We watched it and then headed on home.
Hopefully tomorrow the balloons will be able to fly. If not it looks like Monday will be a good day for them to fly. Again, I say, start the Fiesta a week early than this time. It's been like ten years that we've had bad weather interrupt several days of the fiesta. I remember working at Cardinal and the days we had breakfast watching the Special Shapes fly. Not many times were they able to fly, maybe just one day of the 2 days they held it.
Good night!
This didn't get published when I thought it was. Sorry, it was probably late at night and I was falling asleep!!! Ha ha. So here it is. This was on October 6th.

No comments: