Saturday, October 29, 2011

Scary Larry

Yesterday morning I went to take my niece to work. As I was driving the car went weird on me. I had no idea what was going on. I thought maybe I was suppose to take my usual route which is take Candelaria all the way up to Juan Tabo and then south to Central. This time around I decided to take Menaul all the way up to Juan Tabo. Just for a change in scenery. Besides, I hit all the school zones on Candelaria. For some reason this year the elementary schools start much earlier than they usually do. I guess each school has that option. Well, back to my driving. I went over the railroad tracks when I started to hear a beep noise. At first I thought it was on the radio. I turned off the radio and didn't hear the beep any more. Oh, I hadn't heard that sound on that song before. Tells me that I don't listen very well. Then the beep comes back and this time there was a red light somewhere on the dash that I didn't know what it was as it flashed really quick. Then the door locks clicked as if I was starting out and it automatically locks the doors. Then the beep, the red light and the clicks. I thought, is there a ghost that got into the car. I looked in the back and there wasn't anyone there. Duh, you can't see ghosts!! So I started to talk to them. Then the beep, red light and locks click again. Then the light that says the door is open came on!! OMG, what is going on? So I decided to call my brother and let him know the car was doing funny things. I told him that I don't know if the car is going to die out but to be prepared to come rescue me no matter where I am. Then he told me that when I get to Juella's place, turn off the car. Maybe it needs to reset itself. Oh, ok. So I kept on going and the same thing keeps going on and that light wasn't going to turn off either. Now I am thinking that I should drive on a less busy street in case the car dies. As I am driving trying to think of a place to drive on, it dawned on me that I had to scrape the ice off the windows! I had to get the ice scraper out of the back seat. I tried to open the back door but it wouldn't open!! Frozen shut!
I guess when I went over the railroad tracks it opened the door (thawed out by then). So the beep was warning me of the door open. Never knew that would do that. So getting to Wyoming I decided that I better pull off the road and close the door. I was laughing as I saw the back door was open. I shut it and went on my way laughing at what happened.
After getting to Juella's place I called my brother and told him what happened. He thought that was pretty funny. I was relieved because I didn't want to be in the car when it breaks down. Already happened and didn't like it.
BTW, the ice scraper that was suppose to be in the back seat wasn't even there!! It was in the trunk!!

No comments: