Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Day I Thought the World Ended

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 is the day I thought the world has ended. I had heard that my favorite radio DJs, Tony Lynn and Myles were let go from KBQI, the Big I. Chuck Hammond says it's due to low ratings and low budget. Tony & Myles had low ratings?? How can that be? How can they be 'popular' radio DJs just about everytime they were mentioned? They had been with the station since it's inception 10 years ago. Without them that radio station wouldn't exist. Clear Channel has a 'classic' country station that no one seems to listen to. Everyone seems to listen to the Big I or KRST. So why did that station stay and the guys let go? I think it's something else that got them 'fired.' But they won't say and probably won't. They use the low ratings as an excuse. They are searching for new DJs for the morning job. These DJs have to be way better than Tony and Myles to have me listening to them. Right now, I listen to another staiton which isn't country. But if I need my country fix I turn on the internet and listen to Alana Lynn, (Tony's daughter). She's a morning DJ in Boise, Idaho. She started out her radio career with her dad at the Big I. I can't listen to KRST morning crew. Sorry, I didn't like their program as it's too adult for me. Tony & Myles had more of a 'family' program.
Well, that said, I will miss the guys and hope that they are on to better things. Thursday morning came and the world went on. And it's still going. So I guess it's not coming to an end, yet.

No comments: