Monday, May 9, 2011

Winds

Winds are picking up again in the state. I've been hearing about the fires that started today across the state. That's pretty scary. I feel bad for those who have lost their homes, personal things. I can't remember the name of the town in sourthern New Mexico that was completely evacuated due to the fire going on there. Several years ago there were fires right here in the city along the Rio Grande. I don't live far from there and it was pretty scary. They were saying that if the fire jumps the river to the east side, we better all be prepared to leave. I thought how can a fire jump the river when it's so wide. I guess it finds a way to do so. Luckily that didn't happen. But it was sad to drive over the river and see all the black. All this started from someone who threw out their cigarette. Another fire south of this area was started by 14 year olds playing with matches. They were caught as some people were watching them. They immediately called 911 when they saw those boys running out of the bosque. But the fire spread because of the winds. So I hope people are being careful around here. It's really dry around here. We haven't had much moisture.
We hope for rain when the weathermen/women say rain is coming. But nothing happens!!! We will get the rain, though. I am sure of it. Should come during monsoon season.

No comments: