Saturday, May 7, 2011

Random

Little Caesars opened at 4th and Montano about a month ago. That made us very happy because the closest Little Caesars was up on Montano west of Coors Rd. That was hard to get to especially when you want pizza for dinner and you have to sit in line on Montano to get across the river with everyone else that are trying to get home. Not many roads go across the river. Why, I wonder, do these people not work on that side and not complain and keep me waiting for pizza. The other Little Caesar is at Montgomery and San Pedro. Montgomery and Montano are the same road. For some reason someone thought it was good to name the streets west of I-25 with Spanish names and east with English. There's Griegos Rd and Comanche Rd. Oh, get this one: Ellison Rd turns into San Antonio which turns into Harper!! What confusion for those who don't know and are driving around frantically finding their way. I just think it's funny. Anyway, with Little Caesar nearby, we get fresh, hot pizza!! Yippee!!

The other day while leaving home, I saw the fire truck sitting directly in front of me on Grande Dr. Huh? What happened? Gas line again? There was a house just north of this street that nearly blew up a couple of years ago because it had a gas leak and they had to close the street down for weeks. The lady in the house was taken to the hospital with 2nd degree burns.



It wasn't a gas line, but cable line they hit. So they closed the street down going north. They already had half the street closed from San Clemente south to Aztec Rd. What a squeeze we had to get through, as this is our only way out to the rest of the city.

They are done with the work they were doing but the street is still being worked on, they left their mess, I guess, till Monday.







Sunset. I enjoy the sunsets here. I carry my camera around with me most of the time so I can catch moments like this. I also have my phone handy in case my camera isn't ready to use (battery low or I loaned it to someone). I've got tons of pictures of sunsets, clouds, sunrise, landscape, etc. Not many people picture. They're too shy!! Ha ha! I'll go look for people and get some on here!







No comments: