Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another Hot and Dry Day!

There's a fire on the east side of the mountains! With hot and dry conditions you really have to be careful with what you do. It's been really dry around the state and lots of wildfires. Other parts of the country has tornadoes, floods, etc. and we have the dry conditons which results in fires. About 3 apartment fires in the past few weeks here in the city! Scary.
I have a Great Niece that is here with me. She's snoozing. My other niece wanted to see her but her boyfriend's cousin passed away today. He had lukemia. She told her brother that hopefully she can see her real soon, just not today.
I did laundry and cleaned the house this morning. All before it got too hot. That's one of the good things about getting up early. Get things done before it gets hot! Now I am watching Did You Hear About the Morgans? Gets me to thinking of where they filmed the movie here in the state! Speaking of films and the state. They film two TV shows here. Let's see, In Plain Sight and Breaking Bad. I haven't seen either of those shows. Guess they're on cable. Anyway the past two weeks they've been in my way!! Huh? How? What? Yep, they're in my way! I had to go out of my way around the places they were filming, down here in the Valley. And to top that off, they're working on the road that leads to our house and it's been a maze to get home! Now the streets are torn up till Tuesday. Dust every where. Yep, the winds been blowing and it's just dusty. Anyway, they closed streets where they were filming. I don't know the stars but my nephew and his girlfriend were with me and they recognized the stars of the show Breaking Bad. We were next to them while waiting for a red light! Shannon was so happy to see them. Big smile and screams.
Speaking of red lights, hmmm. They turned off all the red light cameras last week. The contract expired and the city council didn't find time in May to discuss if they want to keep them going. June 6 is their next meeting and they hope to get around to discuss that. Last night I went by Carlisle and Montgomery, where 1 of the camera intersection is and right after I went by I guess there was big crash that closed the intersection for awhile. Scary. I thought people would know to stop even though the cameras are off. I have a feeling they will be turned back on because they say there's too many accidents this past week. Drivers! Drivers that are idiots!

No comments: