Saturday, March 19, 2011

Time To Share Some Pictures!

Guadalupe Trail NW. Walk from Montano Rd. to my house. This was from summer of 2010. Nice road to walk every day. Ok, this is not Guadalupe Trail, it's a road to someone's house off of Guadalupe Trail. I walk on the trail from Griegos Rd to Montano. South of Griegos I walk along the irrigation ditch to the street I live on. It's much shorter than walking the streets to get home. Yeah, I go to Montano Rd to catch the city bus when I need to get around town. This one (#157) takes me to the mall, Cornado or Cottonwood. Other bus lines near where I live is close by. I can walk to Griegos Elementary School and catch the 12th Street bus on San Isidro Rd. That bus goes around by Old Town and to the Alvarado Transit Center in downtown Albuquerque. From there I can catch other buses to my destinations. The other bus would be the 4th Street bus. That takes about 25 minutes to get to, though. That would be my last choice to get to. They run more than the other two lines. So if I need to be somewhere quick, it's the 4th Street bus to get. 12th Street runs once an hour!!
.
New Mexico Rail Runner! This is at the Los Ranchos station. I enjoy riding the train. It cost about a dollar from one end of the city to the other, if you buy ticket online! It's an all day ticket. Rode to Santa Fe once and it was pretty nice ride. Lots of people commute via the Rail Runner, between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. The train starts and ends in Belen, NM and Santa Fe, NM. There's talk about extending service down south to El Paso, TX but that's probably and 10 to 20 years before it actually happens. Our current governor isn't in favor of the extension until the state budget gets back in order.
Aww, Momo and Sparky. Momo belongs to my niece and Sparky to my nephew. They live at the grandparents house. They enjoy it as they have lots of room to run around and play. They enjoy barking at other dogs, with other dogs and at each other. They enjoy barking at the hot air balloons, too. Every morning the balloons are up and flying and they can hear them from afar and ready to go out to bark at them. They love Grandma because she feeds them good! Momo came with lots of toys, mostly stuffed animals she 'stole' from Jimmy, the cat. Jimmy is my niece's cat and he took control over her stuffed animal collection. Then Momo came along and took over Jimmy's stash. They fought over who had what. Jimmy finally grew up and let Momo have them all. So there are stuffed animals and parts in the yard. Grandma picks them up and tries to mend them only to have them torn apart again. Momo has this baby bird (stuffed bird, as in stuffed animal) she sleeps with. Such a cute thing to see her carry the bird to her bed. Sparky has been trying to take it away from her but hasn't succeeded. Animals can be funny.



No comments: