Saturday, June 19, 2010

100 again!

Went out today and it was hot! I knew it was going to be in the high 90's but seeing the 101 at a couple of banks really makes it hot. But it's the dry hot and that's much better than humid hot. Lucky me I live in Albuquerque!!
So I went on the Rail Runner today for a ride out north. It wasn't any better there. Just as hot as here. So I came back home and walked about a quarter mile to the library and was very hot when I got into the building. Cooled down now. will stay here till it closes, in a couple of hours. Hopefully by then it'll be much cooler!! Who am I fooling? It'll probably be just as hot. Yesterday it was 96 degrees at 8 pm so I don't expect it to cool down much.
I think our dogs are now offically 'hot dogs.' Poor things. They spent the day outdoors. They have a tree to lie under and they usually dig a hole to keep cool. They don't like to stay indoors during the day as they will miss whatever goes on outside. In the early morning hours they know when the hot-air balloons are up around the house. they and the other neighbor dogs enjoy barking at them until they go down or fly out of sight. Every weekend this goes on. No time to sleep in on the weekends in our neighborhood!!!

No comments: