Friday, September 7, 2007

Bunny Foo Foo

One day I went to pay my nephew's cable bill at the cable company. As I left the building, I was heading home. So from the parking lot I take a left on the street. It curves around and heads in a southeast direction. Well, as I was turning the curve I saw this bird, a hawk, possibly, hovering on the ground with it's wings spread. I thought "What is he doing?" Then as I got closer he must have heard me and started to fly off. I saw something in it's claws!! OMG!! What does he have? Just as he was getting off the ground I started to honk my horn, hoping I can save whatever he had as it was struggling to get loose. The bird dropped it prey and this little bunny started hopping away. The bird wanted it and tried to get it but I continued to honk my horn. Poor bunny was trying to get away. Then the bird gave up and flew out to the west. I stopped my car by then and watched the bunny hop along it's way. Here I am saying "Run Bunny Foo Foo, run. I'll make sure you make it home! Run, Bunny Foo Foo........" I made sure that bird wasn't coming back before I left. They little bunny was out of my sight by then. Must have found his home! I was on my way home. Not sure if anyone heard me honking. There's a car dealership just on the other side of the field. Hope that no one heard and thought I was in trouble.
I saved Bunny Foo Foo's life that day. I felt like a hero!

2 comments:

Tacy Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tacy Marie said...

Ya Karen!!! I'm so glad that you have joined the world of blogging. It brings me joy. I'm glad that the bunny has escaped the grasps of that bird... Nature can be vicious sometimes. I put your blog on mine so that I can stop by from time to time. I am going to be in Albuquerque on the 6th... We have to get together. Talk to you soon.