Thursday, September 1, 2011

Yuck!

Back in 2006 I broke my leg. First time ever to break a bone! First time ever to be in the hospital, aside from being born. And I had just turned the big 5-0!! Anyway, people were telling me how I will have a cast on my leg and how uncomfortable I will be. Gosh, I didn't think I could even survive that after hearing all those 'horror' stories. Why did I have to fall and break the leg? Anyway, I guess Jan thought it would be great to get a pedicure before going to the hospital and getting a cast on the leg. So I went along with that. Bad choice! About 2 weeks later, my big toe on the unbroken leg turned red and hurt quite a bit. Jan put some medicine on it and it went away for a while but came back in September. I couldn't stand the pain, so I got an appointment for a doctor to check it out. In the meantime, I didn't need a cast on the leg. They gave me a Bledsoe brace and the docs were amazed at how fast my leg had healed. Well, in October I went to see a doctor and he told me my toe was infected and he had to remove the nail. What a pain that was. I was screaming out loud that the other docs and nurses came to see what was happening. It hurt and I just wanted to die or have them chop the toe off. Well, after that it was better. The nail grew back but not the way it should. It started growing into my toe. I believe each time I clipped the nail it grew more into the toe. 2 months ago, I noticed how bad it looked and it started hurting me. I made a doc appt. to get it checked. Wrong choice I made because she decided that it needs to be removed. I also ahd decided to tell her to remove it and not let it grow back as I didn't like the way it looked. WHAT a PAIN it was. First she used the tiniest needle to numb the toe and had to do it in 3 places. "There's lots of nerves going into your toes and fingers," she said. Once that needle went in I wanted her to stop because I can't stand too much pain and then the burning sensation was even worse. She told me each time what she was going to do. Then she said she'll wait about 5 minutes for the toe to get numb. Well, it didn't help much. She began to remove the nail and caused me so much pain that I was screaming out loud. She got a roll of gauze and put it in my mouth. It hurt worse than my broken leg. I told her to just chop the toe off so I won't be in so much pain. She replied, "Well, you're going to be in worse pain if I do that!" Then she said, "Ok, it's coming off, I got about a fourth of it off." I thought it was all off but she was working on it. "Ok, it's halfway off." I'm still squirming and screaming. "It's almost off, it's alsmost off, sorry for the pain, but it's almost off." Finally, after an eternity passed, it was off. And I knew I was going to be in pain later on once that numbness wears off. Never going to have that done again!! I really thought I would just die if she kept doing that. So now I have another problem. The gauze she put on the toe hasn't been able to get off. She told me to leave the dressing on for 24 hours. I think it dried onto my toe (or she used super glue instead of medicine on my toe and it's stuck for good!!) Well, this happened on Monday and it's now Thursday and I can't get the thing off. I called the 24-hour nurse number and she told me to soak the foot every hour or so and it should come off. If it doesn't go back to the doctor and they will have to remove it. NO WAY am I going to let anyone remove it from my toe as they will cause MORE PAIN than I can stand. I don't want anymore pain. I tried to pull it off but I just cause the toe to bleed more and cause it to hurt more. I can imagine what they will do if they do it for me. They wouldn't care what pain I'm in, just as long as it's not them suffering. OMG, I don't know what to do. The nurse on the phone told me to get it off ASAP as it would get infected! I don't think I could stand that either. I think I just need a new toe.
Ever since I broke my leg, I've been having so much things happening to me and causing more pain that I ever suffered. Well, no, I take that back. I suffered really harsh pain during those once a month periods. All those years of suffering (I thought there was a little monster trying to get out with a sharp knife) and now that it's all over, I don't want anymore pain. PLEASE, NO MORE PAIN!! If it's not one thing it's another. When will it all end. I guess my life isn't boring as some people may think.

No comments: