Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thunder and Lightning!!

Last night we had quite a light show!! It hardly rains during the night so this was something unexpected. Around 2 AM the dog wanted to go outside so I went to let them out. They went out but turned around and quickly came back it because of the rain. I made them go back out there till they did their business. I wasn't going to find any accidents when I get up later. I told them that, too. So they finally got the message and were allowed back inside. So I went back to bed. The little dog, Momo, got out of the room they sleep in and came and actually jumped on my bed. She was awakened by the thunder. So I let her stay because the sky lit up so bright and then that loud BBOOOOOMMMMM!!!! Pretty scary for me, too. At times there were two consecutive and that thunder just scared the dickens out of me. Then the rain started to fall. But it wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be. Twenty minutes later (I looked at my clock) it stopped!! Not much rain on ground. I thought it was over. But near 3 AM I was awakened by the thunder, it just about shook the whole house and just like that the rain was pouring hard. OMG, I thought it was going to keep on coming down and we'd get flooded. I went to see how much was in the street and it was quite a lot. So I imagined the parts of the roads that get flooded when it rains like this. I even thought about getting in the car to go check it out!! But I didn't!!! Id' get wet going out to the car and I'd probably had to get dress and I was pretty tired. Another 30 minutes of thunder, lightning and rain and then it stopped. When I got up around 7, you wouldn't have known that it rained really hard just a few hours ago. No water in the streets. Just the ground was muddy. The weathermen said that we can expect more rain but I think it'll rain in other parts of the state, not here again. Never does it rain two days/nights in a row. We get the rain one day and then don't see any more for a day or two, or three, four, five. You know what I mean.
Earlier this evening I heard that the rains were out in the area where the fires had hit earlier this summer. They are expecting lots of flooding from that. I hope that the people got prepared for the rains. I know the people in Santa Clara Pueblo were on top of getting sandbags to the residents since the fires were contained. They spent weeks asking for help with sandbags.

No comments: