Saturday, February 28, 2009

Basketball

Today was an exciting day in the world of college basketball. We are in the Mountain West Conference: BYU, Utah, New Mexico, TCU, CSU, Wyoming, Air Force, San Diego State, and UNLV. I am a BYU fan so you know I was cheering for the Cougars today. They beat Utah. YAY! Those following New Mexico were hoping for BYU to win because if Utah loses it's last two games there could possibly be a three way finish for 1st place. Tonight UNM played at Colorado State and played pretty good. They struggled to the end. 13 seconds left, the Lobos were down by 5 points. They came through with a 3-pointer and the last second shot by the Lobos made it go into OT. The Lobo sports announcer (radio) couldn't believe that. That OT ended in a tie, so there was another OT. Both teams fought until the end. The Lobos eventually came up winning. I don't remember the score. So Tuesday night is the big game here in town. I am sure it's a sellout at the infamous Pit. Utah is coming to town. In this case, I am hoping that Utah comes up winning but then again, I heard that if UNM wins, BYU will take the top spot because of how the previous games went?? I didn't follow that. So if that's the case, then we want the Lobos to be victorious! UNLV was supposedly to win the conference title but they have struggled a bit. What's really interesting is the interest in the MWC by the sports people across the country. That's cool because they seem to forget us in the Mountain states.
I did watch other games today and most of them were pretty close in the end. Too bad they all couldn't be winners. It was looking like all the home teams were winning so I thought that was a plus for BYU as they played in Provo. I am looking forward to March Madness. I enjoy watching those games even if my teams aren't in it. I also enjoy high school basketball. This year Valley and Del Norte have done pretty good. Both the boys and girls teams. Del Norte girls are on top of their league for the first time since 1976!! Valley is my alma mater and my niece went to Del Norte.

No comments: