Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Boo Boo



The day after I almost got hit by a car, I was riding the bus, probably going to the library. Anyway, I got on #36 and headed out. My original plan was to go all the way to the Alvarado Transit Center and get the 777 but changed my mind and got the 766 at Rio Grande and Central. It didn't matter which one I took as I would end up at the place I wanted to go. So I got on the 766 and figured I'd have less waiting time in between buses (transferring to another). Well, all was well until we pulled up to the Alvarado Transit Center. Just as 766 was pulling in front of 66 bus, that bus decided to pull out and they hit each other! I saw the mirror of the 66 bus smash into the 766. Just as people were getting onto the 766 something happened on Central and First Street, which was just in front of us. Someone said someone got hit by a car. When I looked out I saw that these two men were in the street wanting to fight each other. I could see people running from all directions over to where they were. After we were settled on the bus the bus driver said we had to get out since they had that accident. So all of us got off and had to find other ways to go where we wanted to. The same for the 66 bus. It was pretty chaotic. Now I had to figure out which bus to take to get me where I wanted as soon as possible. I saw that the 777 was my best bet. So I went back outside and the supervisor for the buses was out there checking out the buses and told the 766 driver that he can go and to try to get to Uptown Transit Center as soon as possible. Two guys got on and then I thought I better go and try to get my connection at the UTC. So after we got to UTC I took this picture of the scratch mark from the mirror of the 66 bus.
BTW, it was just 3 of us on the Rapid Ride till we got to the UNM stop. I hadn't seen the bus that empty! This was a huge bus!

No comments: