Monday, October 19, 2009

Driving in Bernalillo

One evening I was driving back home from Bernalillo, NM. I was heading east on that highway that comes in from Cuba (can't think of the name of it or number!!) Anyway, I was coming up to the intersection by the Giant gas station when I noticed this car with it's turn signal on. For some reason I knew it wasn't going to be turning. There was a pick-up right next to it. Then the light turned green and both vehicles took off but that car was going to hit the pick-up, which I don't think the driver knew it. But somehow the driver in the car swerved back into his lane and went too far to the right. First thing I thought was 'a drunk driver.' I couldn't think of the number you call to report drunk drivers. I just dialed some number and the phone kept ringing so I thought it was the wrong one. Then I was wondering if it was ok to use the cell phone while driving in Bernalillo. So I kept my eye on that car and wasn't about to pass it. The driver kept swerving back and forth, into the other lane and then back to his. We were coming up to the next traffic light and there were cars waiting for the red light but this guy kept going and I don't know how he missed all those parked cars, but he did. He went into the intersection and mussed those cars that were there. He lucked out and was now in the opposite direction. I don't know if anyone else tried to call the DWI line but I had to wait at the light and lost track of that car as it headed east. I don't know where he ended up as I didn't see anything on the way up to I-25. Didn't see any car on the interstate heading back into Albuquerque that seemed to be swerving. I don't know what happened to that person. I don't even know who was driving or what kind of car it was. That was pretty scary, especially in that intersection. I was sure there was going to be a big crash. Luckily no one was hurt.

1 comment:

Tacy Marie said...

That is scary... I don't like driving near drunk drivers either you really never know what they are going to do next.