Thursday, November 8, 2007

DSC Art trip



This past weekend I went on a 4-day trip to southern California with Dixie State College (St. George, UT) and visited several art museums. This is at the Huntington Museum which was our first stop on Thursday. The Huntington Museum is this huge place that has a desert garden, jungle garden, Japanese garden (they are working on opening a Chinese garden), rose garden and 3 or 4 buildings that hold their art collections. We didn't get through the whole park. I was with my friends Lena, Lisa, and Jen (Lisa's daughter). We saw the things Jen had to see for her class (she's attending Dixie State College, her first year!) This is my third time on this art trip. Twice went in April, this is my first time in November. I'll probably go again a few more times. It's interesting to see the different things in these trips. Then to see things you missed on the other trips. There were people on this trip that were on their 12th trip!!! (I believe they go just for Disneyland!!!)
We left St. George at 6 AM and arrived at the Huntington about 2 PM. After that we went to the Norton Simon Museum. I didn't take any pictures at that museum. Not sure why I didn't. Anyway after the Norton Simon Museum we went to get some dinner and went to our hotel in Anaheim. A very long day and we went to sleep rather quickly. Next day we headed out to Farmer's Market..............
PS/ not sure how I got the music on there!! But it's a good song!! I sure know how to surprise myself!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Karen - I graduated from Dixie in 1999 and went on this trip in April of that year. It was a blast. I had some old pictures that I was trying to put together in a scrapbook, but couldn't remember all the places we went so I decided to check online and see if the itinerary was here. Your blog was the first thing I found. Thanks! It helped me remember some places and some good times, too.
-Heather, Dixie class of '99